|Noise Awareness Training
Who Should Attend
Staff whose work involves exposure to noise that is potentially damaging to their hearing.
Exposure to loud noise can cause irreversible hearing damage. This can impact on both a person's work and social lives. This is usually a gradual process through repeated exposures without the proper precuations in place and by the time individuals notice the damage it is too late.
This training explores the health effects of noise, how exposure occurs and recognise if there is a potential noise problem, and how the risks can be reduced through noise control techniques and the importance of individual's input into and following these techniques.
The training can be tailored to the working environments and types of noise exposures of those attending.
To provide an awareness of the risks assocaited with exposure to loud noise and how individuals can protect their hearing.
- The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005.
- The health effects and symptoms of exposure to loud noise.
- Collective noise control measures.
- Hearing protection and maintaining its effectiveness, e.g. wearing correctly, correct storage and maintenance.
- Health surveillance and occupational health.